Thursday, July 20, 2017

One Wild Year






In light of a video that recently surfaced on Facebook featuring a single tree being recorded for an entire year, I thought I would bring back a similar video I created using the trail cameras at Enviros Wilderness School's Base Camp, a program I used to work at. Up until now the video has lived on the Wild About Base Camp blog that I created, but that site does not see much traffic, so I thought I would transfer it to my personal blog with the hope of sharing it with more people.

Back in 2013 my co-teacher and I placed a Bushnell  trail camera on a single tree and left it there for an entire year. We were surprised at the variety of wildlife we captured throughout that year and have shown the video to countless students that came through our program. You'll quickly notice that it's not only wildlife that are actively using our forests and the level of coexistence between animal and man is quite impressive in the Base Camp area. Truth be told, after all the success we had with that camera it is still on that same tree today!

I would just like to thank Parks Canada for the inspiration behind this video. In 2011 they published Banff National Park's Wild Year and I liked it so much that I decided to put my own spin on things.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment